Friday, October 5, 2012

Pacquiao promises to knock Marquez out


By: Rijel R. Reyes

“The Filipino Pride” Manny Pacquiao vowed to end disputes and controversies bugging him and his fans against his archenemy, the Mexican superstar Juan Manuel Marquez in their upcoming fight this December at MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.

After two controversial wins against the Mexican fighter, Manny told People’s Journal that he “would like to win this time impressively,” and by impressively, he meant a “knockout.”

“I don’t really make predictions in my fights, but this time, I promise that I’ll knock him out,” Pacquiao told People’s Journal.

The eight-division world champion wanted to prove his critics and Marquez wrong who expressed doubts on the judges’ decisions in their last fights.

“I want to erase any doubts this time around. To do that, I will not underestimate him like I did in November. I will stay focused in my preparations, study and apply new techniques I did not use in our previous meetings,” Pacquiao said.

“I need to be aggressive. I want this fight to be different than the last ones. I want a win that is decisive,” he added.

Meanwhile, Buboy Fernandez, Pacquiao’s longtime trainer and friend told People’s Journal on a separate article that his friend will be a little cautious this time around.

After the counterpunching and alleged foot stomping that Marquez displayed in their last fight, Fernandez told that his friend “will give more emphasis on defense, while not forgetting the all-important offense.

Pacquiao will face Marquez for the fourth time after their unimpressive third fight in November 12 last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment